Monday, September 25, 2006

Blessings come through Chinese food too, and not just the fortune cookie.


I was talking to friend of mine last monday about how I think I need another job to help pay for rent. He told me that he just got a job delivering Chinese food. I laughed and teased him, until he told me about how much money he made. Apparently downtown Chicagoans are very generous tippers. Anywho, after class on last Monday he drove me to the L station that was by the Chinese place he worked at. I jokingly said "maybe I should apply there too." He told me they were hiring, a joke turned to reality and I applied. Earlier today I got a call. "Hi this is Johnny from Yang's Chinese..." So to make a long story short, I now officially give downtown Chicago their long sought after Kung Po Shrimp and Beef Chow Fun.
I have three jobs now plus I'm a full time college student, My commute to and from campus is about an hour each way. You think YOU'RE busy... you probably are, but me too.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Nice start to your blog. Best wishes for all your endeavours.