Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Check your drift limit at the door.

Delta (d) must be less than D(a), but there is a A992 W33X619 and the Drift Limit still isn't satisfied!
Ok. Its almost 5 in the morning and I have been working on this steel design project nonstop since midnight. Most of it was already done, this was supposed to be the easy part. I am completely stumped, and this project is due in 30 hours.
Here's the short of it: Nine story Steel building, earthquake might happen, make the building strong enough. I made it as strong as I could. Now there is an enormous I-beam that still isnt strong enough. There are no bigger ones in the program I am using, and I am stuck.

This is the type of thing that makes me wonder why I bother so much about something that matters so little. For a class at my secular school I am designing a building reaching up to the heavens, that can supposedly withstand an act of God such as an earthquake. One of the guys helping me with this project has a peculiar last name, fit for such a project: Babel.

Thats all for now, since I'm just a bit too tired to think of much more.

No comments: