Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Liberal Democrats vs Liberal Republicans!

It's voting season again. The candidates flyers and signs are blossoming with brilliant red and vibrant blue color patterns. My neighborhood is dominated by bright blue signs along the sidewalk that spout "ROD BLEGOJEVICH 2006 GETTING THINGS DONE FOR PEOPLE". I walk by as I say to myself "pfft, homosexual promotin, money stealin, flip floppin, gun banning, baby killing, terrorist lovin, liberal, ignorant democrats."
"Why can't there be more Judy Barr Topinka signs around?" I say to myself.
If you havn't figured it out, Blegojevich is democrat and Topinka is Republican. They utterly hate eachother. The mudslinging is vicious, they haven't even gotten togther to have a formal debate. ok back to my story:
Then as I'm walking I see a "JUDY BARR TOPINKA for GOVERNOR" sign... Well I have yet to see one, but we can imagine right? Then I breathe in a sigh of relief, til I found out what she stood for, then the sigh turned sour in my lungs and I coughed and gagged and hacked till the sigh jerked it's way out and back into the air, filling the entire Chicago downtown with smog... we were imagining, remember?
You see, Judy Barr Topinka is what we might call a liberal republican. She is a gay rights activist, marching in, even funding gay pride parades. She is Pro-abortion. She supports a limit on how many hand guns one can own. And probably everthing else you can think of.
She and Blegojevich agree on all of these issues, but both are pointing to the other as if to say, "see, see, the other one is more evil."

I don't understand how two like minded individuals such as these can't just get along. It think they are just fighting to see who can destroy Illinois (and America) first.
So who do I vote for?
OK I'm blabbing about politics, I'll stop now.

No comments: